Cape Town TV Membership
Did you know that CTV is a membership-based organization and that NGOs and CBOs qualify for membership? Yes, you can help us grow your community TV channel!
This ensures that CTV is owned and controlled by the community of Cape Town.
Back in 2006, 192 civil society organizations worked together to create a community TV channel that would serve the public of Cape Town.
The mandate was simple: public access TV that would give people access to relevant local programming and provide a platform for people to elevate their voices.
In fact, ‘community’ is such a huge part of our mandate, that our license conditions require us to engage with civil society through a membership structure, to make sure we’re producing content that serves our viewers.
For R1150 a year (including VAT) your organization can become a CTV member! For more information call us on 021 448 0448.
Membership Benefits & Services
- Free advertising for your media campaign – members get 100 x 30-second ad spots per year OR 50 x 60-second spots to flight on the Cape Town TV channel.
- Free production of a 60-second promo video where you tell the public about your organisation and what it is doing.
- Already have a promotional video for your organisation? As a member, you’ll qualify to have it screened on Cape Town TV for free.
- Free participation in our TV training workshops. Learn how to use mobile journalism techniques including shooting and editing videos on your smart phone, how to produce your own talk show and participate in our independent producer development programme.
- A 30% discount on video production services. If you need event coverage, then sign up and we’ll do the rest.
- Add your voice to our content and programming strategy by attending General Council meetings twice a year.
- Attend our networking sessions with interesting talks by civil society leaders on a range of interesting topics such as how to use media to promote your work.
- As a member you are eligible for election to the Cape Town TV board, and can participate in the voting process at the AGM.
- Join us at our AGM to determine CTV’s policies, strategic direction and elect board members.
CTV also offers the following broadcast services (terms and conditions apply):
- Acquired content: Submit your video content for consideration for broadcast.
- News coverage: Send your press releases to email@example.com and they will be forwarded to the relevant producer.
- Co-productions: Cape Town TV will consider entering into co-productions with NGOs with the station acting as the technical and broadcasting partner. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Production Services: Our Production Services Department will produce live and pre-recorded programmes tailored to your budget. This includes event coverage. Contact email@example.com.
- For more information about membership contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access the powerful medium of television to advance your organisation’s goals.
Alternative Information & Development Centre
Concerned Women’s Organisation
District Six Museum
Emergency Services Trauma Unit
Friends Day Centre
Hanover Park Wellness & Special Care
Heideveld & District Advice Office
Helping Hands Project
HIV 911 Programme
Institute for the Blind
Islamic Relief Worldwide SA
Kaapse Klopse Karnival Association
Khulasizwe Institute of Development
SA History Online
SASTS Working Adventures
Scalabrini Centre of Cape Town
Sonke Gender Justice
South Africa Media & Gender Institute
Surplus People Project
Words of Peace Global
Western Cape Musician’s Association
Western Cape Primary Science Programme