CTV is changing its brand and identity to Cape Town TV and we are inviting members of the creative community to take our new name, logo and tagline to create animated stings that communicate the new brand.
Take our NEW LOGO and re-imagine it in a way that conveys the tagline – for you, by you – and the core values and messaging of the channel (see the Creative Brief below). Some ideas include overlaying the logo image with moving or still images or morphing the logo into different devices to illustrate that Cape Town TV is now available digitally both on air and online. Be creative!
- Stings must be between 5 – 15 seconds long
- Original or copyright free music
- High Definition (HD) format: 1024×768
- Standard Definition (SD) format: 720×576 PAL widescreen
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 (NOT vertical 9:16)
- Cape Town TV is “going digital”. It is now available free-to-air, on digital terrestrial television and has 9 online channels to make content available on-demand across all devices.
- As we expand our broadcast footprint we will retain our progressive values and build the channel from the bottom-up through a participatory and inclusive approach. That is our unique selling point and why people resonate with the channel. Because it is “for you – by you”. This new tagline conveys the core purpose of the channel which is to promote community access to the medium of television as a tool for community development and social change. It’s about democratising the media, empowering people, developing local talent, strengthening the voice of civil society and promoting diverse, authentic voices.
- Cape Town TV has a progressive editorial orientation and is committed to addressing inequality and promoting human rights and social justice.
- Cape Town TV is a platform for creative expression.
Should you be interested in this opportunity, contact email@example.com to enter. Download the logo from this page or contact us for different picture formats.
Your final design is due the 30 November 2022.