Join Cape Town TV
JOIN CTV TODAY AND GROW OUR COMMUNITY CHANNEL
Did you know that CTV is a membership-based organisation and that NGOs and CBOs qualify for membership? This ensures that CTV is owned and controlled by the community of Cape Town.
Back in 2006, 192 civil society organisations worked together to create a community TV channel that would serve the public of Cape Town.
The mandate was simple: public access TV that would give people access to relevant local programming and provide a platform for people to elevate their voices. In fact, ‘community’ is such a huge part of our mandate, that our license conditions require us to engage with civil society through a membership structure, to make sure we’re producing content that serves our viewers.
For R1150 a year (including VAT) your organization can become a CTV member! For more information call us on 021 448 0448.
CTV is your channel – use it!
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS AND SERVICES
CTV offers the following membership benefits:
1. Free advertising for your media campaign – members get 100 x 30-second ad spots per year OR 50 x 60-second spots.
2. Interviews with your staff or stakeholders in our Open Studio show. Members can have up to three free sessions on the show – you can even provide your own presenter, or make use of a CTV presenter to do the interviews where you tell the public about your organisation and what it is doing.
3. Free participation in our TV training workshops. Learn how to use mobile journalism techniques including shooting and editing videos on your smart phone, how to produce your own talk show and participate in our independent producer development programme. These workshops are run on Fridays at CTV’s Training Centre.
4. A 30% discount on production services. If you need a video promo or event coverage, then sign up and we’ll do the rest.
5. Already have a promo? As a member, you’ll qualify to have it screened on Cape Town TV for free.
6. Learn how to shoot and edit your own inserts with free access to our Mobile Journalism workshops and submit them to our shows for airing.
7. Promote your organisation, event or campaign in our new Newsletter: Cape Town Connect, with over 1000 subscribers.
8. Add your voice to our content and programming strategy by attending general council meetings twice a year.
9. As a member, you are eligible for election to the CTV board, and can participate in the voting process.
10. Don’t have a website? As a member, you will be listed on our new website. Create a descriptive webpage or a profile that links to your existing website.
11. As a member, you will have free access to Open Studio to produce your own show. Join our Studio Production workshop to learn how to put your own show together.
12. As a member, attend our upcoming networking sessions, with interesting talks by civil society on a range of interesting topics, like how to use media to promote your work.
13. Join us at our AGM to determine CTV’s policies, strategic direction and elect board members.
Only NGOs and CBOs qualify for membership. Organisations for profit (businesses), religious or political organisations are not eligible.
CTV also offers the following broadcast services (terms and conditions apply):
- Acquired content: Submit your video content for consideration for broadcast.
- Open Studio: Host your own talk show in Open Studio, which is open to members of the public. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- News coverage: Send your press releases to email@example.com and they will be forwarded to the relevant producer.
- Co-productions: CTV will consider entering into co-productions with NGOs with CTV acting as the technical and broadcasting partner. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Production Services: Our Production Services Department will produce live and pre-recorded programmes tailored to your budget. This includes event coverage. Contact email@example.com.
- For more information about membership contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access the powerful medium of television to advance your organisation’s goals.
Alternative Information & Development Centre
Concerned Women’s Organisation
District Six Museum
Emergency Services Trauma Unit
Friends Day Centre
Hanover Park Wellness & Special Care
Heideveld & District Advice Office
Helping Hands Project
HIV 911 Programme
Institute for the Blind
Islamic Relief Worldwide SA
Kaapse Klopse Karnival Association
Khulasizwe Institute of Development
SA History Online
SASTS Working Adventures
Scalabrini Centre of Cape Town
Sonke Gender Justice
South Africa Media & Gender Institute
Surplus People Project
Words of Peace Global
Western Cape Musician’s Association
Western Cape Primary Science Programme